Images are a great source for alluring the customers. They account for a lot of space on a website and the ones with large size can be detrimental. Large size images do not only take up a fairly large part of a website but also creates an unpleasant experience for the users. Large images can make the loading speed of your website way less. And this is the biggest reason due to which Image optimization is done.
Image optimization is a process of decreasing the size of an image without compromising with quality.
Not optimizing the images can cause a severe impact on the website. Using the smallest size of the image without getting an impact on its visibility can be termed as image optimization.
Benefits of image optimization
Image optimization has incalculable advantages. Few of them are stated below.
1. Reduces the file size:
Reducing the file size is one of the chief features of image optimization. In image optimization, the file size is reduced to a great extent and thus, saving a lot of bytes. The image becomes smaller in size and more useful content can be rendered to the users.
2. Maintains the quality of the image:
Even though the size of the image is evidently reduced, but image optimization maintains the quality of the images as low-quality images may
3. Reduces the download time:
Since images occupy a lot of space and once the images get optimized, the download time gets reduced automatically which is a great sign for users.
4. Decreases the bandwidth:
Image optimization decreases the bandwidth. Bandwidth is the data that can be transmitted in a fixed amount of time.
5. Improvises user experience:
A faster loading website no doubt improvises user experience. Users will not have to wait for a long time while the website is being loaded.
6. Faster loading:
Once the image size is compressed, the websites start loading faster.
7. Improves the performance of the website:
The images that take up most of the space in a website if optimized can improvise the performance of the website without any efforts.
8. Gain users attention:
Optimized images are the best way to gain users attention. When the images on a website are optimized and the website takes lesser loading time, the users get overwhelmed with the experience. Thus, image optimization is always advisable.
9. Improves SEO:
Image optimization renders great help in SEO. It helps in user engagement and also decreases the bounce rate.
10. Converts users into buyers:
Image optimization possesses the capability of converting the users browsing the website into buyers.
Image optimization is not a complex process and you need to make a lot of efforts for it but there are few points which must be kept in mind while processing the images.
Image optimization can be done in different ways. If done manually, it is not a difficult task. Below mentioned are the points which you should consider while optimizing the images.
Name the images properly. Naming the images is also important. Use simple language and try making use of keywords as they will help you to improvise your ranking on search engine.
Also, use Alt tags. Alt tags are the substitute for text used for images. This will add value to your website. Make sure you do not stuff keywords into it as stuffing can have a negative impact.
- Reduce the file size of the images.
- Save your image in the right format. JPEG is one of the best formats which provides the best quality image in the smallest possible file size.
- Avoid use of unnecessary and decorative borders as they are adding no extra value to your website and taking up space which can be used to present relevant and important data.
- Use Content delivery networks i.e., CDNs. They host your images and other media files. CDN helps you in solving bandwidth issues. Other than that, CDNs increase your page load time.
- Remove the irrelevant background from the images. Images which contain the background that is not eminent should be removed as this will also reduce the file size.
- Images can be saved in new formats such as WebP and JPG XR. This will help in decreasing the image weight and also would not leave any impact on the quality.
PixelPhant offers you image editing services and provides you with optimized images. PixelPhant is a service provider which is amongst the top players in the market when it comes to image editing which includes various services such as Clipping Path, Background Removal, Wedding Solutions, Studio solutions and much more.
Optimize your images and create a pleasurable experience for users while browsing. Image optimization is an easy process which will pay you in a longer run. Eliminate the risk of causing a negative impact on the customers due to slow loading of a website and optimize the images as a great solution.